This curriculum is 8 hours in length. The Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003 applies to all federal, state, and local prisons, jails, and private facilitates. NCTI’s PREA curriculum for Prisons and Jails addresses the areas of liability and concern for staff working with inmate populations. The curriculum contains statistics and information specific to sexual misconduct within inmate populations, as well as real-life scenarios that are encountered by staff in prison or jail settings. Staff will learn to be aware of situations that have a higher potential for sexual misconduct, both for themselves and for inmates.
– PREA Standards and Requirements
– Sexual Misconduct prevention and identification
– Warning signs
– Inappropriate use of power and consent
– Sexualized work environment
– Law and liability
– Staff and offender grooming techniques