This curriculum is 8 hours in length. Many juvenile community corrections, probation, and parole agencies operate or manage residential facilities and detention centers for juveniles under community supervision or contract with these types of facilities. NCTI’s PREA curriculum for Juvenile Facilities addresses the areas of liability and concern for staff working with a juvenile population. The curriculum contains statistics specific to sexual misconduct in juvenile populations, and provides staff with real-life scenarios that are encountered by staff in juvenile settings. Staff will learn to be aware of situations that have a higher potential for sexual misconduct, both for themselves and for juveniles.
– PREA Standards and Requirements
– Sexual Misconduct prevention and identification
– Warning signs
– Inappropriate use of power and consent
– Sexualized work environment
– Law and liability
– Staff and offender grooming techniques