With the re-launch of NCTI’s Adult Criminal Justice Curricula, Shoplifting has been updated to adapt to changing needs and better application of evidence-based principles. With the goal of making facilitation easier, the new features include:
- Low Risk, Medium Risk, High Risk level titles to better match criminal justice common language.
- Homework incorporated directly into the curriculum.
- Introduction of Structured Skill Building; allowing participants to practice new language and skills in a safe and supportive environment.
- Connecting the Pre & Post Tests to the curriculum by incorporating the specific Criminogenic Risk and Need factors associated with each component.
- Incorporation of Real Colors.
- A table of contents.
Low-Risk Shoplifting includes 8 hours of content.
Medium-Risk Shoplifting includes 24 hours of content.
The Adult Shoplifting curriculum assists participants in focusing on the processes they went through when they shoplifted. Through activity enhanced components, they learn to behave differently when faced with a similar situation in the future. Participants will learn how certain attitudes can override a person’s sense of right and wrong and cause behavior that is contrary to his or her personal beliefs. The curriculum establishes an atmosphere where participants can learn from and accept their mistakes and strengthen their ability to act in accordance with what they believe.
You must be Crossroads Certified to purchase this item.
This product is an Adult English participant Crossroads workbook. The accompanying Real Colors instrument is available in Adult English, Adult English Criminal Justice (no staples) for adults in a facility, or Adult Spanish. With the incorporation of Real Colors into the curricula, workbook only purchases are not available.
Large agencies may save money by purchasing a curriculum license. Contact us for more information.