The Youth Misdemeanor Offenses curriculum addresses the needs of individuals who have entered the court system for a wide variety of misdemeanor offenses. Building on a foundation of activity enhanced components, the curriculum helps young people learn how to avoid negative influences, handle stress and take responsibility for their decisions. This skills-based curriculum is designed for first-time offenders.
The Youth Misdemeanor Offenses workbook is available in English and Spanish.
- Understand the process of changing negative behavior.
- Discover how attitudes can override values.
- Determine how to avoid negative influences.
- Develop a plan to alter present negative behavior.
- Establish positive, goal-directed behavior patterns.
- Make a firm commitment never to break the law again.
- Utilize the Personal Awareness Journal™.
This curriculum is included in Cog Talk™, a free reference guide that divides each curriculum into two-hour sessions, provides specific homework assignments and additional open-ended questions to continue curriculum-specific conversation outside of the group setting.