Research has shown that ignorance of traffic laws accounts for only a small percentage of traffic problems. In fact, about 90% of traffic accidents are a result of improper decisions, uncontrolled emotions and the bad habits of drivers. For this reason, the curriculum helps drivers examine the relationship that attitudes have on behavior and helps them develop a personal awareness of the effect that their emotional state has on their driving behavior.
The Youth Traffic Safety workbook is available in English.
- To discover how prior and present attitudes affect driving behavior.
- To understand how attitudes and emotions influence whether the driver is in control while driving.
- To understand the techniques that help drivers avoid traffic incidents and promote safe driving.
- To understand the effects that drugs and alcohol have on driving ability.
- To develop a renewed awareness of driving responsibilities.
- Utilize the Personal Awareness Journal™.
This curriculum is included in Cog Talk™, a free reference guide that divides each curriculum into two-hour sessions, provides specific homework assignments and additional open-ended questions to continue curriculum-specific conversation outside of the group setting.