NCTI’s Cognitive facilitator certification training is a 5-day training that grants certification in both Crossroads and Real Colors.
This fast-paced, interactive certification provides practitioners with all the skills necessary to successfully facilitate any of NCTI’s adult or juvenile Crossroads curricula, as well as any of our Real Colors workshops.
Participants will learn how to:
- Facilitate a cognitive behavior training that imparts critical cognitive thinking skills, life skills, job-related skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Use Personal Awareness Journaling as a tool for advancing cognitive skills.
- Ask open-ended questions that elicit information to instill an intrinsic commitment to change.
- Use group process techniques to involve even the most disinterested individuals.
- Help individuals to clarify their values system.
- Implement adult or youth evidence-based Crossroads curricula.
- Present material to reach participants with different learning styles.
- Teach understanding and appreciation of one’s own personality style and the style of others by using the NCTI Real Colors® Personality Instrument.
- Practice facilitation skills using the cognitive behavior curricula.
This training is accredited by the American Probation & Parole Association, and is approved for 35 Professional Contact Hours.