With the re-launch of NCTI’s Adult Criminal Justice Curricula, Parenting has been updated to adapt to changing needs and better application of evidence-based principles. With the goal of making facilitation easier, the new features include:
- Low Risk, Medium Risk, High Risk level titles to better match criminal justice common language.
- Homework incorporated directly into the curriculum.
- Introduction of Structured Skill Building; allowing participants to practice new language and skills in a safe and supportive environment.
- Connecting the Pre & Post Tests to the curriculum by incorporating the specific Criminogenic Risk and Need factors associated with each component.
- Incorporation of Real Colors.
- A table of contents.
Parenting includes 24 hours of content.
The Adult Parenting curriculum helps parents understand the process of changing negative behavior in their children and motivating positive behavior. Through activity enhanced components, parents learn how to counteract negative behaviors using methods that are non-threatening and effective, and that build responsibility. Parents learn the difference between punishment and discipline, and are encouraged to use discipline instead of punishment.
You must be Crossroads Certified to purchase this item.
This product is an Adult English participant Crossroads workbook. The accompanying Real Colors instrument is available in Adult English, Adult English Criminal Justice (no staples) for adults in a facility, or Adult Spanish. With the incorporation of Real Colors into the curricula, workbook only purchases are not available.
Large agencies may save money by purchasing a curriculum license. Contact us for more information.