With the re-launch of NCTI’s Youth Criminal Justice Curricula, Truancy has been updated to adapt to changing needs and better application of evidence-based principles. With the goal of making facilitation easier, the new features include:
- Low Risk, Medium Risk, High Risk level titles to better match criminal justice common language.
- Homework incorporated directly into the curriculum.
- Introduction of Structured Skill Building; allowing participants to practice new language and skills in a safe and supportive environment.
- Connecting the Pre & Post Tests to the curriculum by incorporating the specific Criminogenic Risk and Need factors associated with each component.
- Incorporation of Real Colors.
- A table of contents.
Medium-Risk Truancy includes 26 hours of content.
The Youth Truancy curriculum is designed to assist juveniles in discovering the relevance of school to their lives, and assists them in setting concrete goals for graduation. Participants explore the effects today’s choices have on their future, and learn techniques for helping them become successful in school. This curriculum emphasizes solutions that encourage regular attendance, and examines reasons for failing to attend school. The Youth Truancy curriculum concludes with a joint session for youth to work directly with their parents to develop a shared plan for improving school attendance.
You must be Crossroads Certified to purchase this item.
This product is a Youth English participant Crossroads workbook. The accompanying Real Colors instrument is available in Youth English, Youth English Criminal Justice (no staples) for youth in a facility, or Youth Spanish. With the incorporation of Real Colors into the curricula, workbook only purchases are not available.
Large agencies may save money by purchasing a curriculum license. Contact us for more information.