The Youth Gang Involvement curriculum assists participants in examining the reasons a person joins a gang. The curriculum does not simply focus on the negative aspects of gangs, but allows an exploration into alternative methods of achieving social and economic goals, while providing insight into the consequences of gang membership.
The Youth Gang Involvement workbooks are available in English.
Low-Risk Gang Involvement includes 8 hours of content.
Medium-Risk Gang Involvement includes 32 hours of content.
High-Risk Gang Involvement includes 44 hours of content.
- Identify needs and wants and describe which of these are being fulfilled or could be fulfilled by a gang.
- Learn skills that assist a person in overcoming the influences of a gang.
- Learn the Law of Consequences and be able to explain it.
- Identify positive alternative methods of satisfying needs and wants apart from a gang.
- Create a vision of a successful future.
- Utilize the Personal Awareness Journal™.