The Youth Truancy curriculum is designed to assist juveniles in discovering the relevance of school to their lives, and assists them in setting concrete goals for graduation. Participants explore the effects today’s choices have on their future, and learn techniques for helping them become successful in school. This curriculum emphasizes solutions that encourage regular attendance, and examines reasons for failing to attend school. The level 2 curriculum concludes with a joint session for youth to work directly with their parents to develop a shared plan for improving school attendance.
The Youth Truancy workbooks are available in English.
Low-Risk Truancy includes 8 hours of content.
Medium-Risk Truancy includes 26 hours of content.
- Explore the data and use the resources that help one finish school.
- Understand how success in school translates to success in work and in life.
- Gain the skills needed to succeed in school and in life.
- Create a vision of a future career.
- Learn how what is done today affects the future.
- Utilize the Personal Awareness Journal™.