The Youth Shoplifting curriculum assists juveniles in focusing on the processes they went through when they shoplifted. Through activity enhanced components, they learn to behave differently when faced with a similar situation in the future. Juveniles will learn how certain attitudes can override a person’s sense of right and wrong and cause behavior that is contrary to his or her personal beliefs. The curriculum establishes an atmosphere where participants can learn from and accept their mistakes and strengthen their ability to act in accordance with what they believe.
The Youth Shoplifting workbook is available in English.
Low-Risk Shoplifting includes 8 hours of content.
Medium-Risk Shoplifting includes 22 hours of content.
- Learn how to change behavior and make the right choice.
- Discover how attitudes can affect behavior.
- Recognize how the future is affected by things that are done today.
- Understand how to control attitudes and emotions in order to be in control.
- Identify and take positive steps to change present behavior.
- Make a firm commitment never to shoplift again.
- Utilize the Personal Awareness Journal™.