Designed for medium to high-risk female offenders, the Adult Cognitive Life Skills for Women curriculum offers an extended and comprehensive educational process to help women overcome negative behavioral patterns, become self-reliant, and enable them to be more productive in their environment. Through activity enhanced components targeting criminogenic needs, women learn how to establish positive, goal-directed behavior patterns, and understand the process necessary to change negative behavior. The length of the curriculum allows for greater development of the participant/facilitator relationship, providing an additional support base for the participant.
The Adult Cognitive Life Skills for Women workbook is available in English.
- Develop critical cognitive thinking skills.
- Realistically look at one’s position in life.
- Discover how attitude affects behavior.
- Learn to embrace and build on strengths
- Understand the process necessary to change negative behavior.
- Establish positive, goal-directed behavior patterns.
- Learn to build positive friendships that can be trusted.
- Utilize the Personal Awareness Journal™.
The Adult Cognitive Life Skills for Women curriculum is included in Cog Talk™, a free reference guide that divides each curriculum into two-hour sessions, provides specific homework assignments and additional open-ended questions to continue curriculum-specific conversation outside of the group setting.