Designed for medium to high-risk offenders, the Adult Cognitive Life Skills curriculum offers an extended and comprehensive educational process to help participants overcome negative behavioral patterns, and enable them to be more productive in their environment. Through activity enhanced components targeting criminogenic needs, participants learn how to establish positive, goal-directed behavior patterns, and understand the process necessary to change negative behavior. The length of the curriculum allows for greater development of the participant/facilitator relationship, providing an additional support base for the participant.
The Adult Cognitive Life Skills workbooks are available in English and Spanish.
Level 1 – 16 hours
Level 2 – 48 hours
- Critical Cognitive Thinking Skills
- Realistically look at one’s position in life.
- Discover how attitude affects behavior.
- Gain better self-control.
- Understand the process necessary to change negative behavior.
- Establish positive, goal-directed behavior patterns.
- Practice and gain new life skills.
- Make a commitment to be a law-abiding citizen.
- Utilize the Personal Awareness Journal™.
The Adult Cognitive Life Skills curriculum includes Cog Talk™, a free reference guide that divides each curriculum into two-hour sessions, provides specific homework assignments and additional open-ended questions to continue curriculum-specific conversation outside of the group setting.
View a sample component from the Adult Cognitive Life Skills workbook.
Read more about the research behind Crossroads programming here and contact us for more information.
Ready to bring this curriculum to your clients? View all Cognitive Life Skills products.
Not yet certified to deliver Crossroads Curriculum? Get started by attending a Crossroads facilitator certification!