NCTI’s Complete Behavior Change System gives you a support structure that makes referring professionals’ work more effective, strengthens program fidelity, and enhances learning by clients.
The Complete Behavior Change System is composed of five segments:
- Crossroads evidence-based curricula
- Crossroads Facilitator Certification Training
- Cog Talk, containing structured homework for each curriculum
- Real Colors Personality Instrument
- Tools and assistance for program fidelity
By utilizing each of these areas, a program will more closely align with the National Institute of Correction’s eight key principles of effective interventions. NCTI has already designed and prepared the tools that you will need.
- NCTI’s Evidence-Based Curricula is recommended by APPA and provides a large selection of curricula targeting criminogenic needs, risk-level, and age as well as life skills. Addressing different learning styles, while being delivered in a highly interactive, group-process format, NCTI’s curricula encourage participation and comprehension. Learn more about NCTI’s Evidence-Based Curricula.
- APPA-Accredited Facilitator Training prepares facilitators with direct experience and assists in consistent curricula delivery. NCTI’s easy-to-use, comprehensive facilitator guidebooks show participant workbook pages next to step-by-step instructor guidelines. Facilitators master how to help offenders learn through participation and a positive reinforcement process. Learn more about Facilitator Certification Training.
- Extend Learning Beyond the Classroom with Cog Talk™ and Structured Homework. NCTI’s system of recommended session schedules, coordinated homework, and easy-to-use, guided questions for referring professionals is available free of charge for all NCTI curricula. Learn more about Cog Talk.
- Improve communication with NCTI’s Real Colors® Personality Instrument, a unique and effective tool for understanding human behavior, uncovering motivators, and improving communication amongst differing personalities. Learn more about Real Colors.
- Strengthen Program Fidelity with implementation and technical assistance, webinars for continuing education of facilitators, supervising officers, and referring professionals… plus, pre- and post-tests, and facilitator monitoring tools. Learn more about the tools available to strengthen program fidelity.